Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bianca's First Haircut

I'm not superstitious and I don't believe that giving a child a haircut on her first year is a must. Bianca turned 2 without having a haircut. Her hair has grown to be shiny and beautiful and I was hesitant to trim it. But of course, I didnt have a choice because it's starting to touch her waist and she's slowly turning to a manang. =)

Knowing that Bianca wouldnt go inside a salon and let strangers touch her hair, I asked my sister Odette to do it for us (coz I'm way too scared). She hasnt had any experience styling human hair but hey, how hard could it be? It should be as simple as cutting a straight imaginary line, right? :)

It took us several mins to overcome distractions in the garden. Bianca attempted many times to go down the chair and play with the cousins. There was a time she also held on tightly to her hair as if saying, please dont touch it, you're not professionals! She also wrapped her arms around my waist, perhaps fearing a hair disaster.
Materials used in the above Layout - Shabby Princess Sweet Serenity Kit

No comments: